Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grandpa Don

Chris' grandpa died on Monday.  It was a very fast death but slow for some who watched.  He got sick out of no where right around Thanksgiving.  He spent all of Dec. Jan. and February in the Hospital.  We saw him probably twice a week.  Carter loved to go to the hospital, see the ambulances, helicopters and trains.  He came home and they did everything they could.  2 weeks ago they said "There is nothing more lets call hospice."  So they did.  It is hard to say good bye but it is a blessing on so many levels.  The hardest thing was when we pulled up to the house walked to the door to see him before the mortuary took him, Carter looked at Emmy and Grandma Kae and said " I want to go see Grandpa"  we told him "Later"

I cried like a baby and I am sure I will cry all day on friday but I feel in the end it is a good thing.  Grandpa Don you will be missed but we will see you again.

No comments: