Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Seattle Washington

Chris works the night shift 4:45 PM to 3:30 AM every Tueday-Friday and always has a 3 day weekend off.  It is an awesome shift.  He has more time with Carter and I and he gets to do all those things that other daddy's miss...like going to the zoo or the aquarium.  It has been really nice because I feel like this 2 kid thing is pretty easy.  Well I know I am in for a shock.  Chris wants to be better and do more and that means leave SLC.  Why you ask...because NO ONE ever leaves SLC.  Everyone is willing to stay in the same position and make the same amount of money because they do not want to leave for one reason or another.  For Chris and I we are young our children are young this is the time to go and learn and grow and then come back.  It is easier to come back as a hire position then trying to wait for someone to leave or die.  SOunds dramatic but it is a fact.  Seattle has alot of growth for Chris as a career.  So if we go and suck it up for a few years we can be in a better position and make better money.  Seattle is also great because it is only 13 hrs away and a pretty nice place to visit if I say so my self.   We found out last week that Chris got the promotion and they are giving us 3 weeks, generous don't you think.  We are scared, we are sad, we are excited and we are nervous.  What will I do without my family and my friends and the people that I share my life with?  I guess I will continue to share it with them, just in a different way.  I will miss Gma Rass more than I can express.  She has been a dear friend to me and I am grateful for that.  I hate to think that a small whole is forming in her heart when she thinks about Carter leaving her.  She cries in an instant.  He will wake up every morning and look for Gma to share his cereal with.  He will ask when he will see his cousins and play on Papa and Gma Joyce's trampoline.  He will be wanting to go on an adventure with Grandpa and Grandma Kae.  He will name all his Uncle's and then his Aunts when you ask him what he wants to do the next day.  To say the least I am glad he is small enough that he will be sad for a moment and then 5 mins pass and we start all over again.

We leave on May 4th with my parents each riding with us.  Chris in the truck pulling his car and me in my car with the 2 kids.

More to come on this Adventure.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's exciting! I love Seattle!