This is Carter and his bump. Over his right eye there is a bruise/bump. A month ago Carter fell and hit his head on the wheel of a grocery cart. A week later he fell off the top of the stroller and landed on the same spot. We noticed that the swelling was gone but the bump now felt like a rock of some sort. So Chris and I thought we would have it looked at. So friday we had his pediatrician take a look and immediately said that it was a blood clot. She checked his eyes and his movement, she checked his breathing, around the bump. She said that it takes 6 weeks for it to heal on it's own. she wanted to see him in 3 weeks and if it had not healed on his own then he would have to have some pictures taken to see what they needed to do. So now we just wait and try to not let him fall on his head...easier said then done.
In the middle of July I was holding Kennedy's hand and i noticed she had this little bump on her middle finger right above the palm. I figured her 6 month appt was in a few days and would just ask about it. So we went and the doctor wanted an ultrasound done on her hand. So the next week we took her to Overlake Hospital and did an ultrasound and they doc didn't know what it was and just thought we should wait it out to see if it grew or limited her mobility. So on friday I took her in because it had gotten much bigger than before. The doctor immediately agreed that it had gotten bigger and that we needed to see the Pediatric Ortho specialist. So the referral got put in and later that day we had an appointment to take her in . We are waiting as well. I am glad I only have to wait a week instead of 3 like Carter. We are taking it as it comes. I am in no position to freak out, it will not do any good for us, so I am just glad it is getting takin care of and that we will know more soon. I can not play the "worst case scenario game" It makes things worse.
I sure love them both and wouldn't want anything to happen to them. I believe everything will be fine and for now that is what I am telling myself.





2 comments:
Thinking of you and your beautiful family, Jenn. You are absolutely right that playing "worst case scenario" won't help. I know waiting sucks though. Just be the strong woman that you are. Love you lots!
I'm praying and thinking of you often! Love you Jenn!!
Post a Comment