My friend Ashle asked me to run a 10k with her. I said yes and was pretty excited to do it. I started working out at an aerobics/zumba class 3 times a week about a week we moved here. Then I noticed the race was coming up so I thought I would run. About 2 1/2 weeks before the race I tried to see how far I could run and I was no where near where I should and needed to be. I was disappointed in myself because I honestly thought I could be fine because I was doing cardio for an hour each time I was working out. Well I knew I wasn't ready for it, so we just decided that we would do a great 5K. So I did it in 35 mins. That is a big deal for me. When Carter was born I did a 5k when he was 11 mos old and I did it in 47 mins...yikes this time around Kennedy was 7 mos. I was pretty happy with it.
This was also the day that Carter fell on his head on the same spot he fell last week.
Ashle and I right before the race
Carter after he fell
Carter and I on the track
us running in and me so focused
Us after the Race
1 comment:
You did such a great job, I was so proud of you! We will have to do it next year, it will be a tradition for us. Your such a great friend and I am so glad that you now live close to me. :)
Post a Comment