January 11, 2013 at Seattle Children's
We arrived at 6:45am. Carter was the first surgery scheduled.
They had him change into a gown.
I had to put on this get up because they wanted me to carry him to the OR and stay with him until he was put out. I layed him on the table and the nurses and I would talk to him and then I held his hand and the put the mask on his face. As it was taking effect he started to freak out. Tried to get off the table and kept saying "I don't want to do this anymore". That was the hardest for me. So as I was telling him it was going to be ok and they are holding him down they were tell me "its ok mom this is normal don't worry." Then his eyes rolled and he was out. I walked back to be with Chris and wait.He was only gone for about 45 mins. The lump they took out was pretty distinct and they sent it to get tested. It ended being scar and fatty tissue from his falls. No tumor!
ON the way home from the hospital Carter pulled off the surgical tape and most of the outside stitches.
All he wanted was to be held and popsicles. Once he was able to keep those down they let us go home.
All in all it was a success. He was a little sensitive for the next week and he had a lot of gas and diarrhea. Poor kid would fart and he would get an extra surprise!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment