This is me waiting for my arms to warm up so they can give me an IV
This is where the nurse blew 3 of my veins because I was dehydrated so we had to wait for the anesthesiologist.
This is Chris all ready to go...
So we ended up doing a C-section and it couldn't have gone any better. It was a fantastic experience, I went in rested and a little nervous. I was afraid of mostly the surgery. Carter spent the night with Chris' parents and they brought him to the hospital. We went on a date, Chris took me to see Moneyball and then California Pizza Kitchen. We both slept in and we were not rushed to get to the hospital.
We got there about 10:30 am and were scheduled to go in noon but we were pumped for an emergency c-section. Carter came and hung out before we went in. He was a little hesitant but he got over pretty quickly. They came and got us and off we went. I have to say get a spinal block. Even if you do a vaginal birth do a spinal block. It is instant and it hurt way less than the epidural did. Plus it doesn't last that long. Then the other thing that they did was ask if I wanted a mirror so I could watch. I wanted to say no but Chris said yes and if I didn't want to watch just shut my eyes. So glad I had it. I was able to watch the entire thing and it allowed me to see what was happening when I was feeling pressure or tugging or pulling. I stayed very relaxed. Chris took pictures.
Due to the cool and graphic nature be advised and no you can not see anything you shouldn't.
The forceps they used to pull apart and open to get in there to pull Kennedy out.There is her head.
Half of her coming out.
Pulled all the way out
Getting cleaned out.
Now if Chris would have stayed with me you would have seen them pull out the placenta and then pull out my uterus. The uterus was the coolest because they squeezed out all of the fluids and blood and took it way down to size. Which means hardly any bleeding after. The only part I didn't watch was them sewing me up and cutting me open. I was so exhausted after she came out that I just laid there and closed my eyes.
I was able to hold her from the OR to the room and then I passed her off to Carter. When we were rolled into the room Carter was crying. He had fallen right before we got there and he was tired from not getting a nap. then he saw me and he was asking "why is mommy sad" because I looked a little pale and I started to cry because I was just so happy. He loved holding her and he didn't want any help. He kept telling Chris "Stop it Daddy" Then Gma rass took him home and we went upstairs to recovery.
This time around I was getting up and moving so much faster than before. I was sore by say two and then at the end of the day I am sore but I am bending and picking up carter and doing laundry. It feels awesome and I have Chris here for 2 weeks so that is even nicer.
8lbs 14 oz
21 1/4 inches
The 3 of us while I am being stitched up.
Aunt Emmy made her this hat.
Aunt Emmy and Uncle Randy
As Chris would say "His 2 best girls sleeping"
Carter did not like to sit with me in bed. If I sat with him on the chair he was ok but he did not like the bed.
Gma Morgan, Tabitha and Gma Kae
John and Angie Mazza holding her.
Mommy, daughter time.
Our special dinner they did for both Chris and I
The best big brother. Loves holding her.
This little jacket and blanket was what I came home in, and now she gets too.
Waiting to leave and can not wait.
When we came home We had Kennedy give Carter a present. A new woody doll. When you ask him who gave it to him he will say 'Kennedy'
Not the best picture but it is our family.
I am feeling blessed and loved. I am so happy and content with what God has given me and I can not help but give thanks every second I have got.






























8 comments:
Jenn! I am so glad everything went so well. Loved all the pictures :)...and Kennedy is beautiful. I want to come see you sometime soon. When is a good time?
Congratulations! I'm so glad everything went well for you! Such a pretty little baby and I love her name!
AWESOME PICTURES! Thanks for sharing!
I'm so glad you had an amazing birth experience! Little K's going home outfit is precious and big boy C is going to be such a great big brother! I love it! Congratulations!
I wish we could get together and catch up sometime. If you ever come back to the mission, you better holler!
How gorgeous do you look in your pic when you are getting stitched up.... how is that possible? If I look half as good in my birthing pics I will be pleased as punch! Love your cute fam!
Congratulations! Your family is beautiful :)
Congrats! She is beautiful! I am so glad things went well. Jen you make having a baby look like a piece of cake! You look awesome in all those pics!
I'm so glad that it went so well for you!!! Spinal taps really are quite awesome. I'm actually jealous they asked if you wanted the mirror to watch what was happening. I wish I could have had that with Maddie, and will for sure ask for it with the next one. Chris doesn't have the stomach to take pictures of my c-section process, but I wish he did. I think it's awesome you have pictures of Kennedy the coming into the world! Maybe that's odd, but I think it's cool. She's a good looking baby, and I LOVE her name! Congratulations you guys!
Congrats to you all :) So happy for Kennedy's arrival, welcome to the family sweetie!
Post a Comment